Happy Monday 😊
Normally bananas and peanut butter are my go-to oatmeal toppings, but a few days ago I decided to switch things up and make this delicious bowl of oatmeal with apples, cinnamon, and of course a few chocolate chips 😋
• 1/2 cup rolled oats (quaker)
• 1 cup water
• ground flaxseed
• black chia seeds
• chocolate protein powder (optimumnutrition)
• vanilla extract (mccormickspice)
• apple chunks and slices (chunks mixed in and slices on top)
• cinnamon (both in and on top)
• mini chocolate chips (nestletollhouse)
Mix everything up in a bowl and microwave it for 2-3 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Now that I’m more confident making oatmeal I typically don’t measure anything besides the oats and water, especially when I’m in a hurry between classes. I also figured everyone typically adds different amounts of the mix in’s anyways since its just for taste, but if you guys liked having the measurements I can start including them again, just let me know!
It’s Monday, which means its the start of a new week. Let’s make it a good one! I hope you all have a wonderful day 💕