Microwave Baked Oats!!!
Swipe for the melt 😍
Trust me, you’re gonna wanna save this post for those days you’re in a hurry and want baked oats, because you’ll have it cooked in 5 minutes or less!
This is probably my proudest creation so far! As many of you know, I live in a college dorm and have no kitchen, which means I don’t have an oven. I’m also pressed for time between classes and wouldn’t be able to wait 30 minutes for my breakfast to be ready anyways. I thought that meant no more baked oats until I go home for summer, but not anymore! I’ve just discovered how to make baked oats in the microwave! Okay well I’m sure someone, somewhere has done this already, but I’m still stoked so let me have my moment, okay? 😂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oats
(same as normal baked oats)
• 1/2 cup oat flour (bobsredmill)
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• spoonful of chia seeds
• spoonful of ground flaxseed
• a few shakes of ground cinnamon (mccormickspice)
• 1 tbsp PB2 powder (pb2foods)
• 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder (optimumnutrition)
• 3 spoonfuls of vanilla greek yogurt (lightandfit)
• roughly 1/2 cup almond milk but I didn’t measure it out, just get it to a decently thick, batter-like consistency
• 1 tsp honey
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (mccormickspice)
• creamy PB (smuckersbrand)
• chocolate square (ghirardelli)
Mix everything together in a ramekin or other microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave and for 5 minutes (6 for quick oats instead of oat flour since they cook slower. I normally use quick oats since i don’t have a blender but I actually found oat flour at the grocery store). Note I have a 700 watt microwave in my dorm so it might be less time depending on your microwave. Take it out when it reaches your desired consistency. Add your toppings and enjoy 😋
IMPORTANT: WATCH CLOSELY FOR THE FIRST 2-3 MINUTES AND STOP AND START IT REPEATEDLY UNTIL IT STOPS PUFFING UP BECAUSE IT WILL OVERFLOW SINCE MICROWAVES COOK DIFFERENTLY THAN OVENS!!
I hope this recipe changes your life like it did mine. The texture and appearance is probably a bit better in the oven, but it still tastes delicious. Happy Friday 😊